Head of Manufacturing
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
The Head of Manufacturing will be responsible for establishing and managing assembly and final test of Antora’s first of a kind Thermal Energy Storage modules, delivering finished and tested systems to installation sites, initially in the United States. Assembly of these ~50,000 lb shipping container sized units will initially be conducted in a new 50,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Silicon Valley.
Initially reporting to the CEO, this role will establish the assembly procedures and processes, labor requirements, and validation strategies for the first 100-300 units, then transition further volume to a new Antora manufacturing facility or contract manufacturer to repeat the process for the next generation of Antora’s product. Antora envisions the Head of Manufacturing building a manufacturing organization of 50-100 assemblers, technicians, manufacturing engineers and other staff to execute this plan.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build a capable pilot manufacturing operation to quickly scale to production volumes of 100-200 units per year meeting assembly cost, quality and safety targets.
- Develop a long-term manufacturing strategy including the insource/outsource decision, location, and levels of vertical integration that may be desirable, if any.
- Collaborate closely with engineering on design for manufacturability and design to cost initiatives, accommodating rapid evolution of the product design through the first 100 units.
- Develop, execute, and clearly communicate cost and cycle time roadmaps for all products
- Manage rapid change while maintaining high levels of team morale, productivity, and flexibility.
- Prior experience managing production output >$50M/yr of lower volume, high value products
- Diverse experience spanning mechanical assembly, wiring and piping, quality, and test aspects of equipment manufacturing
- Successful transition from bespoke/prototype/R&D builds of industrial products to a self-sufficient production environment
- Successful transition of manufacturing operations to contract manufacturing partners
- Successful production ramps of at least two products from prototype to >$50M annual volume
- Successful previous management of manufacturing operations for >5 yrs
- Startup experience, including building manufacturing teams from scratch, rapid volume ramps, and facility build out
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with manufacturing large, shipping-container sized products designed to operate in harsh industrial environments (high temperature, high power, etc.)
- Experience working closely with hardware design engineering teams in an R&D environment.
- Experience resolving conflicting priorities between shared R&D and production resources.
Salary Range: $200,000 USD - $250,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.