R&D Electrical Technician
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
- We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join our systems engineering team to deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do. We strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness and building lifelong relationships along the way. You will join the R&D Test Engineering Team, collaborating with engineers and other technicians to help build, deliver, and maintain Antora’s custom R&D test rigs and low-volume production units. This work will directly contribute to the development and commercialization of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
- The R&D Electrical Technician role is a full-time, site-based position. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the build, commissioning and operation of new R&D test equipment and system prototypes, as well as to provide maintenance and operational support to built equipment, and support facilities and balance of plant activities in a new, 60k sq. ft. industrial facility.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build, maintain, and help operate high power (hundreds of kW to MW), high temperature (>2000C) R&D test rigs to support product development and testing
- Read engineering drawings including plumbing and instrumentation (P&ID) and wiring diagrams
- Build and troubleshoot systems based on engineering drawings and work instructions
- Provide feedback to engineering, including by marking up engineering drawings and work instructions
- Work closely with engineering to build and troubleshoot power systems up to 480V
- Help troubleshoot signal and sensor issues
- Work closely with controls engineers to to automate test operations
- Help define R&D test protocols and troubleshooting procedures
- Help implement and maintain Antora’s safety culture, maintaining a high level of safety awareness and following relevant safety protocols
- Establish processes and perform preventative maintenance on built equipment
- Work with a high degree of autonomy within a fast-paced team, while being open and willing to deliver and receive feedback
- Excellence in electrical, instrumentation and controls work with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Deep experience with automated test equipment in a heavy industrial system (automotive, energy, rockets, oil and gas, heat treatment/processing, etc.)
- Proficiency with low voltage wiring, cable pulling, wire harnessing, and diagnostic tools (multimeter, hipot tester, milliohm meter, loop calibrator, HART communicator, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment with exposure to a wide array of subsystems (fluids, thermal, electrical etc.)
- Comfortable with hand tools (drills, torque wrench, grinders, etc.) and driving a forklift
- Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Fluent in the use of equipment manuals, engineering drawings and technical work instructions.
- Self-driven, with strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable providing and receiving directions and feedback from engineers and other technicians
- AA degree in technical field or equivalent
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Familiarity with high-power and high-temperature systems
- Experience with common communication industrial communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, Modbus, Profinet, HART, CAN, etc.)
- Metal fabrication experience - CNC, lathe, mill, sheet metal, welding
- Expertise with standard liquid plumbing fitting systems - NPT, compression fitting, etc.
- Electrical wiring and routing - low power controls and/or high power
- Experience lifting and moving large and heavy mechanical assemblies
- Ability to create simple engineering drawings/sketches
Salary Range: $45.00 USD - $55.00 USD
Salary Basis: Hourly
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.