Environment, Health, and Safety Manager
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join Antora Energy to deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do and we strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness while building lifelong relationships along the way.
As an Environmental Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for employee health & safety policies, training, regulatory compliance, and incident management across multiple sites (offices, semiconductor clean room, industrial equipment manufacturing, industrial equipment installation & operation at test sites, and industrial plants deployed at customer sites).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage Antora’s EHS programs and procedures across manufacturing, construction, and clean room settings.
- Develop, implement, and enforce recurring training for all Antora employees, pertinent to their site and job function. Manage attendance records.
- Ensure EHS compliance with local, state, & federal agencies with a focus on EPA & OSHA rules and regulations.
- Conduct risk assessments of jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment & chemical introductions.
- Develop, implement, and manage high hazard programs (Lockout Tagout, confined space, work permits, overhead hoists, rigging, machine guarding, electrical safety, fall protection, powered industrial trucks).
- Maintain and update environmental compliance for hazardous materials, hazardous waste, storm water, and air permits.
- Maintain an SDS (MSDS) formal document library; update SDS’s as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement through safety walkarounds, analyses, audits, and investigations.
- Own Antora’s emergency response procedures.
- Bachelors or equivalent in science, engineering, or safety and 5+ years’ experience in EHS.
- A strong understanding of EHS regulatory requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of chemistry with emphasis on semiconductor manufacturing chemicals.
- Experience implementing and operating EHS management systems.
- First Aid and CPR trained, or will promptly recertify.
- Ability to speak in front of a large audience and deliver in person and remote EHS training effectively.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Degree in Environmental Science, Safety Management, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
Salary Range: $145,000 USD - $160,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.