At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change and we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is manufacturing thermal batteries that bridge the gap between renewable power and industrial production. Antora’s batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, strengthening domestic manufacturing, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join our Product Development engineering team to deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do. We strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness and building lifelong relationships along the way. You will collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to deliver and maintain part-level, sub-assembly, and product-level 3D CAD and drawings. In addition, you will help establish, maintain, and document our best practices for generating 2D drawings, 3D parts and assemblies, and working in our PDM system. Your work will directly contribute to the demonstration of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain Antora’s part, sub-assembly, and product assembly CAD (currently SolidWorks)
- Integrate the work of Antora’s engineering team into a clean product 3D CAD assembly to help drive product decision-making
- Create and maintain 2D engineering drawings using ASME Y14.5 (GD&T) standards
- Create and maintain 3D parts (custom and off-the-shelf parts)
- Help administer and maintain company’s PDM system (currently Solidworks PDM)
- Maintain clean integration between manufacturing planning system, PDM system, and CAD system
- Help establish and implement processes and best practices for modeling, drawings, and assembly/ configuration management
- 3+ years professional experience with using SolidWorks and/or Siemens NX to create 3D CAD and 2D drawings of some/ all of the following: sheet metal parts, weldments, machined parts, fluid systems, tooling, and large mechanical assemblies
- Strong familiarity with GD&T standards per ASME Y14.5
- Strong familiarity with data management in SolidWorks PDM and/or Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience managing large (~hundreds of unique part numbers) CAD assemblies across organization with evolving configurations and designs
- Self-driven, experienced in questioning requirements where appropriate, excited about learning new skills where needed to support the team
- Ability to execute quickly and remain flexible in a fast-changing environment, while driving towards the ultimate goal of constantly developing and improving our long-term processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable providing and receiving feedback from other engineers
- Comfortable reviewing CAD and drawings made by other engineers
- Associates or higher degree (or relevant experience) in drafting or engineering
- Ability to work in-person at San Jose office on average of 2 days per week (specific details to be determined on a case by case basis)
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience engineering complex prototype or production hardware through entire design cycle
- Experience supporting hardware through prototype and build cycles, such as writing build instructions and dispositioning quality/ build issues or containments
- Experience with one or more of the below:
- Custom electrical and cable assembly CAD, including cable routing
- Custom piping CAD, including pipe routing
- Site layout 2D drawings for plant facilities
- Drafting P&IDs (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams)
- Experience with one or more of the below:
- Experience with administering Product Data Management software, including basic onboarding and troubleshooting support, creating custom workflows, etc.
- Experience with programming custom tools to integrate data across multiple systems, ie CAD software, PDM (Product Data Management) software, MRP (Material Requirements Planning), and EIS (Enterprise Information System)
- Experience with creating Configuration Management processes and best practices
Salary Range: $140,000 USD - $165,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.