Sr. Technical Program Manager
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change. And we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is unlocking zero-emissions industrial energy, cheaper than fossil fuels. Antora’s thermal batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while strengthening domestic manufacturing, curbing industrial air pollution, and enhancing America’s clean energy leadership.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join our Program Management team to help deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do and we strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness while building lifelong relationships along the way.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will manage the design, procurement, build, and testing of the various system and subsystem iterations on our product development roadmap while also building out systems necessary for a growing org. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional and rapidly growing organization as we develop the modules that will be built and shipped to customer sites.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the development and execution of Antora Energy’s pilot systems
- Define plans, schedules, and resources for large, complex engineering programs and projects
- Identify, communicate, and escalate/resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies, and critical path blockers quickly and efficiently with leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Manage tools for development and prototype engineering builds and support builds as needed
- Ensure inter-team coordination and communication including Design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Testing teams, along with communication with 3rd party entities.
- Develop the systems that allow for efficient hand-offs between teams such as BOM procurement, engineering change control, issue reporting, etc.
- Execute detailed project tracking and documentation, including presenting regular updates to internal and external leaders
- Be one of the technical interfaces for existing and future grants and contracts supporting pilot projects
- 5+ years of experience managing new hardware products from conception to deployment, ideally in industrial or high power systems with aggressive timelines.
- Bachelors in an engineering or technical field, or equivalent
- Empathy, sensitivity, and ability to effectively interact with a broad and diverse range of colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Uncanny resilience to adapt to fluid targets and approaching challenges with a ‘solutions-first’ and abundance mindset
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to handle multiple deadlines, projects, and stakeholders concurrently
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Technical and engineering experience in energy hardware (e.g. power plants, storage, inverters, transformers, etc.)
- Masters in mechanical, material, chemical, or related engineering fields
- Experience with team management, resourcing, budgeting, and product readiness for production ramp
- Deep experience taking a product from prototype to low volume production
- Experience working in highly cross functional teams in a manufacturing environment
Work Location: Onsite - San Jose, CA
Salary Range: $147,000 USD - $185,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.