Regional Sales Engineer - HVAC (Territory Manager - South)
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a well-funded, emerging growth stage, Cleantech company. We at Blue Frontier are racing to solve the biggest sustainability problem in the world with our game-changing air conditioning and dehumidification technology for commercial buildings and light industrial applications.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Engineer to join our dynamic team in Boca Raton, Florida. As part of the Business Development team and reporting to the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for the overall performance and growth of the Southern States Region from Atlanta through Texas with a focus on Florida.
The successful candidate will be responsible for direct sales and managing sales through channel partners. The individual brings strong value-based selling, closing, building relationships, leadership, territory management, and communication skills at all levels of an organization. The candidate must have a grasp of the commercial HVAC industry and its technical nuances, including specifying applied products. Expertise in commercial Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems and dehumidification are a plus.
What you will help us with
- Acquire, lead, and develop major commercial accounts within your assigned region.
- Act as a passionate and knowledgeable advocate, promoting the full value of Blue Frontier product line.
- Leverage existing relationships, and build partnering relationships, with the owner construction community (design engineers, contractors, architects, owners, and developers) responsible for the decision-making process to drive sales.
- Uncover new opportunities by generating and nurturing connections with clients, businesses, and partners, expanding the network of those who benefit from our innovative technology.
- Prepare strategic action plans that lead to the attainment of annual sales forecast.
- Coordinate activities with other sales members and channels to maximize the sales of liquid desiccant technologies.
- Track all customer communications in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program.
- Conduct effective presentations to C—level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business.
Skills and Capabilities
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial HVAC sales with a degree in Business or Engineering. MBA is a plus.
- Strong account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts both channel and direct.
- Knowledge of applied product sales and implementation. Experience with specifying and selling commercial dedicated outdoor air systems and dehumidification products would be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial HVAC industry applications; ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications.
- Experience working with products during development and selling demonstration projects for new technology.
- Self-motivated with a desire to work in a high performance, rapid paced start-up
- Well organized with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel up to 60% including overnight and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and Commission
Highly competitive salary/commission to align with the position and level of capabilities of the applicant.
Medical and dental insurance. Paid vacation and holidays.
Location and Travel
This role will be based out of our Boca Raton corporate office which is located close to Boca Raton Tri-Rail station. This role will include a regular travel throughout Southeast United States with focus on Florida with occasional travel further afield across North America.