Boston Metal is commercializing cutting-edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production by improving metal quality while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This fast-paced startup company is looking for Electrical Engineer graduates to develop new high temperature electrolysis systems for producing tonnage molten metals and alloys.
- Team with other engineers, scientists, technians.
- Power system studies (load flow, short circuit, protective coordination, arc flash analysis).
- Preparation of one-line and electrical schematics, BOMs, wire schedules, and interconnect diagrams.
- Assist with fabrication and wiring of systems.
- Support debugging and witnessing testing of high-power AC and DC equipment and systems.
- Develop construction and equipment specifications.
- Support system and subsystem testing, evaluate results, develop technical document conclusions, manual preparation.
- Participate in on-site equipment testing and acceptance protocols.
- Support electromechanical safety protocols for high power AC and DC systems.
- BS/MS Degree from accredited ABET university or college in Electrical Engineering with GPA > 3.5. MS degree is preferred.
- Self-guided and active team player with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to learn and work with industrial automation hardware, PLCs, VFDs, analog and digital IO, industrial protocols (OPC-UA, ProfiNet, Powerlink, etc.)
- Familiarity with diagnostics equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, optics, temperature probes, power supplies, etc.
- Familiarity with digital and analog designs, electrical CAD packages, and prototyping electronic circuits is a plus.
- Ability to work in multiple engineering disciplines such as power systems, high temperature systems, electro-mechanical systems, and optical diagnostic systems.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and “hands-on” aptitude.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. Many of our staff members are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when necessary.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick time & holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, genetic information, ancestry, disability, veteran or military status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please provide resume if interested.