As an IT Technician you will provide timely support services to employees with basic/first-level technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop, or network services. Diagnose, repair and maintain hardware and software components. You will install and configure computer hardware and assist both onsite and remote employees. Create and track help desk tickets in the system to ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution to issues. You will routinely interact with various departments and levels and listen to their technical needs and implement IT solutions to resolve issues. Assist with Active Directory accounts, including new hires, terminations, as well as password changes. Maintain printers and coordinate service repairs. Performs routine tasks as directed and under close supervision.
As an IT Technician you will responsible for providing timely support services to employees with basic/first-level technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop, or network services.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain hardware and software components
- Install and configure computer software and hardware, assisting both onsite and remote employees
- Repair or replace damaged hardware
- Create and track help desk tickets in the system to ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution to issues
- Upgrade systems to maintain minimum standards
- Routinely interact with various departments and levels and listen to their technical needs and implement IT solutions to resolve issues
- Assist with managing network servers, technology tools, Active Directory accounts, including
- Assist with setting up accounts, work stations and password changes
- Maintain and troubleshoot printers and coordinate service repairs
- Ensure IT policies are met
- Performs routine tasks as directed
The ideal candidate will have an Associate Degree in Computer Science. You must have proven experience troubleshooting systems and be skilled in database programming and software installation. Possess a high level of proficiency with Windows and MAC operating systems and be familiar with a range of software and hardware. Your goal will be to ensure that our employees’ IT issues are documented and resolved in an expedient manner.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an IT technician, Help Desk or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security basics.
- Familiarity with various systems such as:
- Office 365
- Familiarity with various operating systems. (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. Many of our staff members are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when necessary.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick time & holidays, stock options and a 401k with company matching provision.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, genetic information, ancestry, disability, veteran or military status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please provide resume if interested.