Sr. Process Engineer (Hydro)
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2022
- Perform targeted laboratory experiment to support basic engineering design of demonstration plant.
- Assist with process development and engineering design for processing projects, including formulating process flow diagrams and piping & instrumentation diagrams
- Perform metallurgical studies as well as development and testing of process and procedures.
- Review and recommend new or enhanced metallurgical testing equipment or protocols to improve the overall process.
- Assess materials of construction, including for corrosive and hazardous liquids, gasses, and solids systems
- Perform technical communications such as verbal presentations, powerpoint slideshows, technical write-ups, and reports
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- Deep understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals: heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid mechanics, chemical kinetics, thermodynamic analysis, mass and energy balance, unit operation design
- Experience with design and engineering of novel processes (pilot plant, demonstration plant, and commercial plant)
- Skilled in leaching, distillation, hydrolysis, crystallization, and precipitation.
- Familiarity bridging process simulation with actual equipment, process, and plant design
- Relevant experience with experimental design, reaction engineering, equipment design, inorganic process chemistry, material handling and conveying.
- Experience with relevant solid and liquid separations techniques: filtration, settling, clarification, product washing, drying
- Knowledge of physical and chemical characterization methods
Annual Salary Range: $130,000 - $184,000