Analytical Lab Manager/Scientist
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- We are looking for a highly organized and level-headed Analytical Lab Manager or Analytical Lab Scientist to ensure that all lab operations run efficiently by performing analysis, scheduling staff, ordering supplies, maintaining health and safety protocols, and training other team members. To be successful as an Analytical Lab Manager or Analytical Lab Scientist you must be able to multitask and plan. A top-notch Analytical Lab Manager or Analytical Lab Scientist combines their experience in the science field with excellent managerial skills.
- Executes analytical testing both internally and in conjunction with third party laboratories assuring completion and accuracy of written reports to meet established deadlines. Maintains adequate communication with managers from different teams at Brimstone as it relates to analyses, instrumentation status, and timelines. Efficiently maintains laboratory instrumentation and equipment in consultation with instrument vendors and key scientists within the company team.
- Maintains detailed laboratory notebook according to established requirements and SOPs. Ordering laboratory consumables, maintaining stockroom, heading capital projects, and maintaining chemical safety data sheets according to a strict chemical hygiene plan. To be a team safety representative as needed. Develop and implement an appropriate QAQC program, run method development and improvement, and assist other users by training and being a thoughtful partner to them.
- 5+ years lab experience and Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Material Science, Engineering, or other hard sciences.
- Ability to run multiple methods simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical instrument maintenance.
- Experience with materials characterization applications (XRD, XRF, SEM, TGA, etc...)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially related to analytical chemistry and application in method troubleshooting.
- Adherence to all established safety guidelines and established SOPs.
- 3-5 years of experience in lab management, industrial or academic setting, with a successful track record in developing methods and onboarding new equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently and under minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Build and scale cross-functional teams from scratch.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with quick delivery and iteration.
This position is onsite at our lab located in Oakland, CA.
The annual salary range for this position is $153,000-$168,000