Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Brimstone is on a mission to decarbonize the cement industry. The $1 trillion cement market is responsible for 7.5% of carbon emissions annually, with a greenhouse gas impact just behind cars. Founded in 2019, Brimstone developed a breakthrough carbon-negative process that produces the exact same cement and supplementary cementitious materials used today. These materials have the same quality and performance builders have trusted for over 150 years. The key difference: on net, our process takes carbon dioxide out of the air instead of putting it in.
Our team is now scaling up to refine our process further and to build our first production facilities. We’re assembling an all-star team of sharp, mission-driven, collaborative individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. If you are interested in joining a team of builders, surfers, amateur chefs, podcast junkies, bibliophiles, dog lovers, and car campers who wake up every day excited to work on addressing climate change — we are the company for you! Want to join us in decarbonizing cement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have a blast while doing it).
You Should Join Us If You:
Are passionate and motivated about our mission to fight climate change.
Have an insatiable sense of curiosity and a drive to solve problems.
Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment.
Want to work with a fun, mission-aligned, and values-oriented team
- Support Brimstone’s engineering units by performing sample preparation, tests, lab maintenance and lab operations.
- Process raw rock materials for experiments.
- Validate and troubleshoot newly developed in house analytical methods.
- Help with lab support and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Record and manage all data.
- Collaborate and work with teammates synergistically.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Ability to operate mechanical (e.g., crushing, pressing) equipment after receiving job specific training.
- Comfortable with basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to comfortably lift and move up to 40 pounds of materials without assistance.
- Strong commitment to work safety.
- Experience working in a machine shop or laboratory environment.
- Attention to detail and data quality.
- Comfortable with tools such as Microsoft Suite, Slack and Google products.
This position is an onsite position based at Brimstone's HQ in Oakland, CA.
Salary for this position is $88,000
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is 100% covered for employees and dependents
Mental Health benefits (therapy and counseling costs are 100% covered)
30 days of vacation plus paid time off between Christmas and New Years
11 company holidays
401k Employer contributions
A computer of your choice
Commuter benefits and public transportation expenses are 100% covered
A fun, diverse, and talented team focused on making the biggest impact possible on climate change
Our Commitment to Diversity
Brimstone is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are seeking to build a unique team of individuals and create an environment where all backgrounds and experiences are valued. We credit our success to the different perspectives each team member presents and would never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
See more open positions at Brimstone
Something looks off?