Intern - Supply Chain
Commonwealth Fusion Systems
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
We are looking for talented technical interns to join our team! CFS interns are highly valued within the organization and placed into meaningful and challenging roles.
- 12-16 week internship program
- 40-50 hours per week with set hourly salary based on year in school
- Opportunities vary between onsite in Somerville, MA and Devens, MA. If an intern is going to be on site, you will be responsible for your own transportation and housing
- Specific project assignments and required technical skillset will vary based on the team’s existing need.
- Opportunities available for currently enrolled college students in all levels of schooling from bachelor’s degree to PhD
- Interns must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Projects this team member will work on may include, but not limited to:
- Help translate bills of materials into the ERP system and build tools to more efficiently track the timely purchasing and manufacturing of CFS engineering designs
- Create backend views/tables needed for metrics, help find and correct data discrepancies to ensure overall data health, support supply chain team to understand where and how to pull data
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Hands-on experience through academic research, project teams, machine shops, hackathons, or industry internships
- Demonstration of exceptional results through a range of different pursuits
- High self-motivation and drive to execute quickly with excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.