Commissioning Support Specialist
Commonwealth Fusion Systems
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
Commissioning the SPARC and ARC installations requires the employment of a software system and database that is unique to commissioning. For SPARC, this position will fulfill several roles including maintenance of the commissioning database, system turnover coordination, punch list coordination, and integration of commissioning activity ID’s into the Integrated Master Schedule.
We are hiring a motivated and seasoned Database Super User to fulfill all of these functions for SPARC and to continue acting as the single source of truth for the commissioning management system database for all following projects.
This team member will:
- Assist in generation of check sheets and turnover documents for inclusion in the commissioning management system database
- Maintain and update the commissioning expanded schedule in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule
- Schedule walk downs for system turnovers
- Circulate turnover documents for approval to appropriate persons
- Maintain and track punch list items and exceptions
- Ensure the timely submission of documents required for completion of the turnover dossier
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports on commissioning progress and status according to completed check sheets
- Collaborate with system owners, CFS engineering, and outside vendors to ensure completion of required documentation
- Perform training in the use of commissioning management system for existing team members and new hires
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- BS in Information Technology is preferred
- HS Diploma or GED
- OSHA 10
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Experience using Systems Completion software
- High proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong self-starter, ability to learn quickly
- Goal oriented and result focused mentality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience using Facility Grid software
- Previous work on large capital project
- Proficiency in interpreting technical drawings
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, climbing, typing, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate industrial hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.