Material Handler - Second Shift
Commonwealth Fusion Systems
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
As a member of the CFS Supply Chain Team you will be responsible for assisting in meeting company objectives through material movement. You will be responsible for ensuring orderly distribution of inventory and tooling around CFS properties and buildings. You will ensure smooth operational flow, by ensuring inventory moves on and off the production line.
This position covers our second shift.
This team member will:
- Maintain materials, equipment, and supplies required to meet CFS production needs
- Maintain physical condition of all staging areas and ensure safety protocols are observed
- Receive oversized incoming shipments, verify purchase order information, identify non-conforming or damaged parts and stock items appropriately
- Obey and enforce CFS Safety guidelines and policies on the loading dock and in the warehouse; correct any unsafe conditions or behaviors while maintaining a clean work environment
- Operate various material handling and powered equipment and obtain a DOT License
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ Years combined experience in Inventory Control or Shipping & Receiving
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Inventory & warehousing operational knowledge
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Experience in start-up or high growth environment
- Manufacturing/shop floor environment experience
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, typing, standing, sitting or working on ladders and scissor lifts for extended periods of time
- Work in a facility that contains industrial hazards including heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, high current, pressure systems, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.