Full Stack Software Engineer
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
The SPARC Software team seeks an exceptional software engineer to be a member of the Data and Operations Software group. This team is responsible the data acquisition and visualization systems needed to operate and analyze SPARC.
SPARC will produce a huge volume of data that needs to be collected and processed in near-real-time to support Tokamak operations. The data also needs to be archived and retrievable for analysis across multiple data sets. In addition, SPARC requires data visualization and the ability for operators to tune Tokamak control parameters during operations. As member of the SPARC Data and Operations Software team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the software that can meet these needs.
Relevant technologies may include:
Data storage and databases: AWS S3, AWS timestream, timescaledb, redis
Frontend tools: angular, plotly
DevOps tools: git, github, docker, Kubernetes
This team member will:
- Design and implement data acquisition and storage solutions.
- Design and implement web-based front ends for visualizing data and interacting with control systems.
- Design and implement DevOps tools and procedures for software ecosystem management and software deployment
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Engineering degree in related field, such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, etc.
- Data storage and databases (at least one of): AWS S3, AWS timestream, timescaledb, redis, or similar
- Frontend tools (at least one of): angular, plotly, or similar
- DevOps tools (at least one of): git, github, docker, Kubernetes, or similar
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience in developing software for mission-critical applications
- Experience with embedded software
- Experience with industrial control software
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as typing for extended periods of time
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
See more open positions at Commonwealth Fusion
Something looks off?