Logistics Specialist - Driver
Devens, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
As a member of the CFS Supply Chain Team this associate is responsible for assisting the department in meeting company objectives through site transfers, warehouse and inventory activities. This associate is responsible for ensuring timely processing and delivery of inventory. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, will be thoroughly organized and have the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
This team member will:
- Operate company vehicle and Material Handling Equipment in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Execute deliveries to CFS work sites and partner locations, locally
- Maintain materials, equipment, and supplies required to meet CFS logistics related job functions
- Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records and ensure accuracy of orders and record verified information in CFS’ ERP system
- Assist in maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets for incoming materials.
- Obey all CFS Safety guidelines and policies on the loading dock and in the warehouse; correct any unsafe conditions or behaviors while maintaining a clean work environment
- Ensure compliance with CFS HAZMAT storage and shipping plans
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the Materials Manager
- Ability to operate various Material Handling Equipment and obtain a DOT License
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of Massachusetts truck driving experience
- Strong computer skills with MS office and G-Suite applications
- Possess problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Learn quickly and adapt to new information and environments
- Able to work with minimal supervision to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate organizational skills and accuracy, with the ability to prioritize job functions to meet deadlines and ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, collaboration, creativity, and agility
- Exhibit strong customer service skills
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with exceptionally tight deadlines with frequent interruptions and distractions
- Address problems with a positive, creative, collaborative approach, always keeping the customer experience in mind
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to write concise, logical and grammatically correct business correspondence
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Perform activities such as stooping, standing, sitting, or driving for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate industrial hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, fumes, strong magnets, lead (Pb), high voltage, and cryogenics
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.