Head of Finance and Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Dioxycle is pioneering breakthrough carbon utilization technologies that convert industrial emissions into sustainable chemicals with unprecedented energy and cost efficiency. By displacing fossil fuels for the production of key chemicals, Dioxycle has the potential to ultimately reduce over 800 million tons of CO2 per year, representing over 2% of the world's emissions.
Our team is innovating across chemical, mechanical and system engineering to turn carbon transformation into an economically feasible, industrial reality by developing a completely novel technological approach. Having completed our medium-scale Proof-of-Concept electrolyzer, we are now working towards a first-of-its-kind large-scale industrial prototype and are assembling key partnerships for future commercial roll-out.
We are supported by world-class funders including Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Gigascale Capital and have raised $26M to date. We operate from two centers in Paris and California (so whether you are passionate about outdoors or good food/art scenes, we have a location for you to join!)
Dioxycle is seeking a highly talented and driven Head of Finance and Operations to join our team at this pivotal phase of transition from R&D to industrial deployment. As the first member of that team, you will spearhead the development and implementation of all financial and corporate operation functions. Partnering with the CEO, you will work across a wide range of missions from financial reporting to fundraising to business planning playing a key role in the definition of the project financing schemes moving towards commercial roll-out. In this capacity, your responsibilities will center around:
Financial planning and strategy:
- Financial Planning: Developing forecasts, budgets, and financial plans.
- Strategy: Contributing to the global strategy with a financial perspective, including project-specific business plans and value proposition refining.
- Medium-term: Developing project finance expertise for multi-stakeholder projects, involving equipment financing through debt based on long-term contracts.
Finance, legal and corporate operations:
- Treasury Management and Financial Analysis: Managing cash flow, analyzing performance, optimizing expenditures and resource allocation.
- Automation and Reporting: Implementing tools/processes for task automation, providing regular financial reports to management and stakeholders, cost optimization for operational efficiency.
- Participating in financial and contractual negotiations with stakeholders for various commercial projects and consortiums.
- General business operations (supervising payroll, captable, legal contracts, etc.)
- Owning the financial aspect of investor relations and fundraising activities, and long-term financial projects like M&A or IPO preparations.
Finance organization building
- Managing external service providers, consultants, accountants
- Developing the Finance & Ops team.
- Building and supervising bank and other financial institution relationships
We seek a Head of Finance and Operations who is dedicated to advancing our mission and possesses the skills outlined below. Candidates with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Skillset we are looking for
- Extensive experience: proven track record in financial and operation management in industrial businesses (10+ years encouraged)
- Experience in VC-funded companies at Series B to D+ stage, experience in climate tech or chemical industry is a plus
- Communication: Effective verbal and written communication to interact with employees, management, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in tools/softwares for finance and operation management
- Strategic thinking and proven experience of handling complex projects from end to end
- Adaptability: Flexibility in responding to changing organizational dynamics especially in the context of fast-growing teams
- Project finance experience is a plus
Mindset we are looking for
- Exemplary work ethic and self-driven attitude
- Commitment to the mission and ambition
- Passion for innovation and problem-solving attitude
- Dedication to investing time and effort for the betterment of the team
- Anticipation capabilities
What we have to offer
- Unique journey: We are an early-stage company with a world-class team and a flat structure.
- Impact: We are building a product that will have a real impact on the environment.
- People-first: We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We are no-ego doers and we are all responsible for shaping the company.
- International team: We are an international team made up of over 10 nationalities, and hopefully many more soon!
- Fun: We constantly strive to cultivate a great work atmosphere and organize regular team events.
- Highly competitive salary packages
- Generous Employee Stock Ownership plans
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plans: 401(k) (if US based), pension, or other retirement savings plans.
- Ergonomic work stations & state-of-the-art equipment
- A shortlist of candidates will be contacted.
- An initial 45-min video call with one of our team members to discuss Dioxycle mission, get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- One or two deep dive interviews including a presentation of your career, skillset, followed by questions, case studies with our team
- A final on-site series of interview and opportunity to meet the team
- A series of reference calls with provided contacts