Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
DMC is a biotechnology company based in Boulder, CO, and Durham, NC. Our Dynamic Metabolic Control™ technology platform delivers robust and predictably scalable biocatalysts resulting in cost competitive and sustainable processes for everyday chemicals. We are a multi-product bio-based chemical company, working ingeniously to reduce the cost and the environmental impact of biochemicals for markets in animal feed, human nutrition, pharmaceutical materials, and chemical intermediates.
Our company has grown by more than 50% in the last year, and we are looking for additional support personnel to join our team and assist with our office operations. This is a full-time position based in Durham, NC, with a future hybrid option based on the needs of the business. This position will assist with the daily office needs and provide administrative support to the VP of R&D, and the COO as requested while reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant.
Successful candidates will have previous experience in administrative tasks for an in-person office and with supporting company executives in a small business or startup environment. Ultimately, the administrative assistant will ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of our office.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency and five years of progressively responsible small office or startup administrative/office experience.
- Work directly with the Sr. Executive Assistant to maintain and provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of our Durham office
- Continue to foster communication and teamwork between sites
- Assist with the planning and execution of DMC meetings and events
- Book domestic and international travel arrangements for VP, R&D, and COO
- Schedule multi-time zone appointments as requested
- Answer phone calls, schedule meetings, greet and assist onsite guests and visitors
- Support procurement and facilities with scanning and document storage
- Provides office communications support by answering questions, forwarding messages, and keeping teams informed
- Maintain office equipment by completing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting failures, calling for repairs, monitoring equipment operation
- Maintain the inventory of office supplies and anticipate supply needs; ensure prompt ordering and receipt to ensure supplies are available and organized at all times
- Enhance the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintaining safe practices, and office environment
- Experience with: Microsoft 365, Google Suite, Video Conferencing (Meet, Zoom, Teams)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bookkeeping and procurement experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to effectively work in cross-disciplinary teams
- Professional discretion
- Troubleshoot and improve processes
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, motivated, and collaborative
- Background check required
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine/Booster is required for all employees, visitors, and vendors
Some Benefits We Are Proud to Offer:
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance at 90% coverage of premium for employee and 80% for dependent
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Basic Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
401K with very generous company match
10-14 Paid Holidays per year
Flexible Time Off Policy - and yes, we encourage people to use it!
Wellness subsidy of $1,000 per year available after 6 months of employment
Many other voluntary benefits available through TriNet
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other historically marginalized groups. Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you're not sure whether you meet our qualifications. We'd love to have the opportunity to consider you.