Morrisville, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
DMC is a biotechnology company based in Boulder, CO, and Research Triangle Park, NC. Our Dynamic Metabolic Control™ technology platform delivers robust and predictably scalable biocatalysts resulting in cost competitive and sustainable processes for everyday chemicals. We are a multi-product bio-based chemical company, working ingeniously to reduce the cost and the environmental impact of biochemicals for markets in animal feed, human nutrition, pharmaceutical materials, and chemical intermediates.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual with a background in bioinformatics and data science to join our dynamic research team at DMC. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting our R&D, automation and analytical teams in our efforts to produce bio-based molecules. This role requires expertise in statistical data analysis, multi-omics data analysis, analysis pipeline construction, and maintenance of architecture associated with automated data ingestion and distribution. Successful candidates will come in with a solid foundation and experience in bioinformatics to hit the ground running.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a well-organized data architecture for storing, retrieving, and sharing experimental data.
- Ensure data integrity, accessibility, and security throughout the research process.
- Analyze and interpret datasets related to microbial production yields and fermentation parameters to guide experimental strategies for product optimization.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams including molecular biologists, synthetic biologists, fermentation scientists, and engineers to integrate data analysis into the research pipeline.
- Develop and implement bioinformatics pipelines and workflows for data processing, quality control and analysis of high-throughput biological data, including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics data.
- Apply statistical methods to assess data quality, perform hypothesis testing and generate meaningful conclusions.
- Stay current with advancements in bioinformatics, genomics and related fields to incorporate cutting-edge methodologies and technologies into the analysis process.
- Ph. D. or Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, or a related field.
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language commonly used in bioinformatics, such as Python or R.
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and software for data analysis, such as alignment tools, variant callers, and differential expression analysis packages.
- Familiarity with statistical methods and data visualization techniques applied to biological data.
- Knowledge of genomics databases, resources and annotation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with large and complex datasets.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and present findings effectively.
- Ability to adapt to new techniques and methodologies in the rapidly evolving field of bioinformatics.
- Familiarity with at least one electronic notebook such as LabGuru or Benchling.
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning techniques applied to biological data analysis.
- Proficiency in working within a Linux/Unix environment and using command-line tools.
- Prior experience in analyzing sequencing data.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and distributed computing for handling big data.
Some Benefits We Are Proud to Offer:
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance at 90% coverage of premium for employee and 80% for dependent
Company Equity (Stock Options)
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Basic Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
401K with very generous company match
10-14 Paid Holidays per year
Flexible Time Off Policy - and yes, we encourage people to use it!
Wellness subsidy of $1,000 per year available after 6 months of employment
Many other voluntary benefits available through TriNet
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other historically marginalized groups. Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you're not sure whether you meet our qualifications. We'd love to have the opportunity to consider you.