Marketing Manager Consultant - Part-Time Contractor
Marketing & Communications
Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
DMC is a biotechnology company based in Boulder, CO, and Research Triangle Park, NC. Our Dynamic Metabolic Control™ technology platform delivers robust and predictably scalable biocatalysts resulting in cost competitive and sustainable processes for everyday chemicals. We are a multi-product bio-based chemical company, working ingeniously to reduce the cost and the environmental impact of biochemicals for markets in animal feed, human nutrition, pharmaceutical materials, and chemical intermediates.
Marketing Manager Consultant
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to support the marketing and communications of DMC and its products and services. This is a part-time contracted position. This position will report to the VP of Business Development and will work collaboratively with the R&D, Manufacturing, Regulatory, and the Business Development Team. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for helping to identify new product opportunities and collaborations and leading projects through commercialization. A successful candidate will be a highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal skills and will be an exceptional team player.
- Lead all marketing related activities.
- Collaborate with the VP Business Development to develop the company’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Develop marketing collateral for new products & services including product brochures, specification sheets, etc.
- Advance the company and product positioning and messaging.
- Update marketing assets as needed including the company website, social media pages, trade show booths etc.
- Build company and product awareness through social media (LinkedIn), Youtube, and other relevant platforms.
- Plan and coordinate all events with collaboration with DMC’s communications lead.
- Execute effective advertising campaigns to promote the company’s new products.
- We prefer candidates with marketing experience for technology-based companies. Previous experience working in a start-up or early stage environment is beneficial.
- In addition, we prefer candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Proven experience in marketing & communications is required
- BS degree in marketing, communication, or technical
- A track record of effective marketing management for technology based, B2B companies
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Capability to manage multiple work-flows within a single day
- Ability to effectively lead and work within cross-disciplinary teams
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, ambitious, scientifically curious, and collaborative
We are aiming to keep within a budget of $3,000 per month with about 20 hours of work per month. This would be an hourly position, and hours may fluctuate month to month based on business need.