Senior Procurement Specialist
Who we are:
Electra is electrifying ironmaking to decarbonize steelmaking and eliminate 3.7 gigatons or 10% of global CO2 emissions. Leveraging proven industrial-scale electrochemical and hydrometallurgical processes, and backed by leading sustainability-focused venture capitalists, our team is developing lower cost, scalable solutions utilizing intermittent renewable energy to forge a cleaner, greener future for the trillion-dollar steel industry.
With a uniquely collaborative culture, endless passion for developing disruptive technologies, and the opportunity to revolutionize carbon-intensive manufacturing industries, careers at Electra offer challenge, reward, and the chance to bring to market solutions that dramatically improve the health of the planet.
What you will do:
As a Senior Procurement Specialist on the Supply Chain Team, you will focus on designing and developing procurement processes and policies. Most of your time will be spent executing the procurement process and developing strategic sourcing strategies, best practices, standard operating procedures, and policies. In this role you will:
- Execute requests for quotes and information, placing purchase orders, and managing key supplier relationships in support of relevant Key Performance Indicators and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing strategies, best practices, and initiatives that support improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, delivery, lead times, risk compliance, ESG, and other areas as identified
- Develop and lead the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, including developing SOPs for selection criteria and drives the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional teams
- Routinely follow up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of purchase orders and consistently communicate status of purchase orders to internal stakeholders
- Develop negotiation and supplier performance improvement strategies, and proactively participates in problem resolution (NCRs, SCARs, delivery issues, etc.) and supplier risk analysis
- Actively participate in tendering processes, compare quotes, and collaborate with leadership to determine best sources for each project, part, and/or service
- Assist in the design and creation of internal procurement SOPs and policies that ensure compliance with financial, legal, and ethical requirements
- Supports team members by providing in-depth insights, training, guidance, and assistance as needed.
- Collaborates with internal teams, vendors, and outside agencies as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What we need you to bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- 5 years of experience in procurement or sourcing in a manufacturing setting
- Experience leading RFx’s and conducting supplier development and management activities
- Experience negotiating supplier contracts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
What we want you to bring to the team:
- Relevant Purchasing experience sourcing and negotiating contracts with Original Equipment Manufacturers and electrolyzer, fuel cell, or flow battery specialty technologies
- The anticipated starting pay range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000 annually and may be more or less depending upon skills, experience, and education.
Benefits For You:
- 100% paid premiums across all medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, short-term disability, long-term disability, and basic life insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- $1,800 in annual employer HSA contributions (health savings account)
Benefits For Your Family:
- 100% paid premiums across all medical, dental, vision, and telemedicine plans
- $3,600 in annual employer HSA contributions (health savings account)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave and flexible return-to-work options
Benefits For Your Future:
- 401k with up to 5% matching contributions which vest 100% on day one
- Eligibility for incentive stock options