Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician who will be responsible for performing mechanical builds of electrolysis test equipment, facility integration of test equipment, and maintenance/upkeep of the equipment and associated tools. The builds range from small-scale lab test equipment to industrial-sized, plant-level architectures, all under engineering design and direction. As a mechanical technician, you will work closely alongside the electrical technicians, and instrument/controls technicians to integrate the disciplines into a working product that will directly help the larger organization make scientific and product advancements.
You will be based in our office in San Carlos, CA, and report to our Senior Engineer.
- Background working with aluminum extrusion
- Strong proficiency with tooling:
- Hand tools
- Precision measuring tools (torque wrenches, calipers, micrometers, profilometer, machine rules, and tape measures)
- Pneumatic tools
- Electric impact tools
- Cutting tooling
- Grinding tooling
- Drill presses
- Proficiency reading and redlining P&IDs
- Proficiency reading wiring diagrams
- Experience with various types of fittings and associated plumbing. Specifically:
- Background with high pressure / low pressure pump installation:
- Positive displacement pumps
- Centrifugal pumps
- Proficient mechanical and system level troubleshooter
- Safety oriented individual with experience working on high pressure systems and high voltage systems
- Ability to work autonomously at times
- Familiarization with common safety standards with an emphasis with industrial settings:
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- NFPA 70E is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!