Senior Engineer - Power Electronics
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Power Electronics Engineer to work on new power electronics product development. You will design new solutions to help produce green hydrogen and build from prototype to production.
You will be based in San Jose, CA, and will report to our Vice President, Power Systems.
- Manage the research and design of products for the high power electronics systems in hydrogen area
- Design power stages, from few kW to tens of MW
- Provide technical leadership to a small team of engineers, lead new projects in area of power electronics
- Design analog circuitry, digital signals, PWMs and GPIO
- Design high frequency magnetics
- Collaborate with engineers to perform tasks such as control, testing, and layout.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in Power Electronics
- 5+ years of experience designing power electronics systems
- Experience with 600V and 1200V class switching power converters
- Power topologies including AC-DC (PFC), isolated DC-DC and DC-AC experience
- Familiar with power semiconductors: MOSFETs, IGBTs, SiC.
- Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink, PSPICE
- Previous experience managing high power electronics projects
- Experience with Soft-switching and resonant topologies
- Experience in similar industries: high power motor drives, high power supplies.
- Experience with GAN and SiC power components
- Experience with EMI design and troubleshooting
- Experience taking products from concept through manufacturing
Compensation & Benefits
Staff Engineer - Power Electronics (P5):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!