Information Security Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our organization as an Information Security Engineer. You will play a crucial role in protecting our organization's information systems and networks from cyber threats. Your responsibilities will include implementing security measures, monitoring system activities, conducting vulnerability assessments, and responding to security incidents. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background in IT security, a solid understanding of cybersecurity best practices, and excellent problem-solving skills.
You will work onsite at our San Carlos, CA office and report into the Director of IT.
- Take a key role in the ongoing development of our network infrastructure:
- • Help guide and develop our corporate and OT security architecture.
- • Implement cybersecurity best practices in all operational procedures.
- Implement and manage cybersecurity measures:
- Install, configure, and maintain security software and tools such as firewalls, antivirus software, intrusion detection systems, and data encryption programs.
- Participate in managing data center technologies including VMware, Windows, and Linux solutions.
- Participate in managing cloud technologies including Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS.
- Develop and enforce security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Conduct regular security audits and risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Monitor networks and respond to incidents:
- Develop and execute incident response plans to minimize the impact of security breaches.
- Investigate security incidents, document findings, and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborate with IT teams to implement security patches, updates, and configurations in response to identified vulnerabilities.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
• 6+ years of experience
• Professional certifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), or equivalent.
• Broad knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, and cybersecurity technologies.
• Extensive experience with security tools and technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, SIEM, and vulnerability assessment tools.
• Experience deploying and managing cloud networks using AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud platforms.
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS).
• Understanding encryption protocols, VPN (Virtual Private Network) technologies, and secure remote access solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in architecting complex zero-trust networks.
• Software development, DevOps, and DevSecOps experience.
• Demonstrated experience with industrial control networks, OT networks, and SCADA systems.
• Experience with power grid control technologies.
Compensation & Benefits: [San Carlos Zone] Information Security Engineer (P4)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!