Multiphase Flow Modeling Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Multiphase Flow Modeling Engineer to join our Cell Technology team.
You can be based in San Carlos, CA. You will be able to work on a hybrid basis. You will report to the Modeling and Simulation Group Manager.
- Develop models coupling two-phase flows to heat and mass transfer in various length scales.
- Mathematical models of two-phase flows in porous and bulk media with varying fidelities.
- Detailed engineering design based on thermal/fluids computational modeling.
- Verification/validation of computational and theoretical models with experimental data
- Analyze data generated by test stands and prototypes at Electric Hydrogen
- BS required (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Applied Mathematics or other science and engineering discipline) MS or Ph.D Preferred.
- 2+ years in industrial R&D in two phase flow and thermofluids modelling or equivalent non-industrial experience
- Competency in fluid dynamics and flow modeling in multi-scales.
- Competency in simulation packages such as COMSOL, OpenFoam
- Competency in data analysis using high level languages such as Python or MATLAB
Compensation & Benefits | [San Carlos Zone] Multiphase Flow Modeling Engineer (P4)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!