Cell Testing Manager
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We’re looking for a Cell Testing Manager to lead a team of engineers responsible for mechanical and electrochemical testing of R&D-scale electrolyzer cells and stacks to validate performance and durability of cell technology and stack design. You will collaborate with internal customers to develop design verification test protocols to contribute to the development of
Electric Hydrogen’s technology roadmap.
You will work onsite in our Natick, MA lab and will report to the Director of Cell Testing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Grow and lead the Cell Testing team responsible for test execution and data analysis of Electric Hydrogen’s R&D-scale electrolyzer cells and stacks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define timing and resources needed for testing activities on next-generation components and operating conditions
- Enable development of new electrochemical characterization methods
- Advise on data analysis techniques and standardization; work with data engineering team to automate solutions where possible
- Determine pass/fail criteria for ex-situ end-of-line test methods to advise manufacturing acceptance testing
- Develop design verification test protocols to validate requirements and standardize report structure; maintain log of reports and ensure completion and accuracy upon project closure
- Advise on cell and stack design based on test results
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for cell build and test activities
- Assist the team in troubleshooting cell builds and testing infrastructure failures; work with test infrastructure team to enable test stand upgrades and maintenance
- Embody and instill a strong safety-first culture
- B.S. or M.S. in a STEM field such as chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, chemistry, or related field
- 7+ years in industrial R&D in testing electrochemical devices or equivalent non-industrialexperience
- 2+ years of management experience, demonstrating a clear record of success in building industry-leading teams that can execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of electrochemical test methods such as electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS)
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles and systems including pumps, pneumatics, fans, flow meters, air handling systems, industrial chilled water, heating, process piping, and heat transfer
- Experienced with Python
- Familiar with CAD and computational fluid dynamics or electrochemical modeling software
Compensation and Benefits | [Natick Zone] M3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!