Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer. In this role, you will work with the test engineering team to rapidly develop R&D test systems for product scale electrolysis stacks. You will be very hands on, often building and debugging equipment as we bring it up in one of our facilities. You are a self-motivated team player excited to build a new generation of high power electrolysis equipment.
You will be split between our offices in Natick and Devens, MA. You will report to Lead Mechanical Engineer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build novel equipment and machines to support rapid R&D of electrochemical cells
- Be very hands-on and mechanically inclined for build and debug of electromechanical systems
- Evaluate P&ID's and process diagrams for fluid systems
- Manage bill of materials and design documentation
- Source specific components including mechanical hardware, fluid hardware and electrical components
- Create custom drawings and system specifications
- Work closely with suppliers to manage part quality and delivery timing
- Evaluate samples, build prototype components, and assemble prototype systems
- Develop and perform component and system level testing
- BSME or similar field, MS preferred
- 3-5 years mechanical engineering/design (multidisciplinary skills preferred)
- 2D/3D CAD (e.g. SolidWorks), combined with stress, thermal, fluids analysis
- Experienced in a fluid systems R&D environment (electrochemical, HVAC, oil and gas)
- Fluid, electrical, and controls system experience
- Capable of commissioning and troubleshooting automated fluid systems
Compensation + Benefits | [P3]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!