New Product Integration Engineer Intern
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We're looking for Product Integration Engineer Co-Ops to create compelling mechanical designs, work with contractors, and ensure smooth plant integration. We are looking for a team player with unique viewpoints excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment. You will work onsite and be based in San Carlos, CA. You will report into the NPI Lead.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with plant engineering, system engineering, and outside contractors
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select off the shelf components
- Work with design teams to create factory acceptance test pass procedures and then create hardware to run those tests
- Create manufacturing plan, work instructions, and design fixtures/tooling for the electrolyzer plant
- Work with supply chain to identify partners/suppliers/contractors and bring partners/suppliers/contractors up to speed
- Work with the factory/manufacturing facility/fabricators to incorporate release cycles
- Create the plant installation plan, work instructions and manage/document the first plant installation.
- Research, test, and lead the development of a software database for commissioning future plants.
- Take ownership and quickly resolve diverse fabrication and field issues during deployment of product launch.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in General Engineering or related field
- Project team (FSA, first robotics, rocket team, solar car team)
- 0-3 years experience or prior internship experience
Compensation and Benefits
- All students will have the opportunity to develop skills, gain laboratory experience and benefit from a valuable experience within a startup culture while learning about the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided or $3,000 relocation stipend (depending on location)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!