Director, Service Engineering
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Director of Service Engineering to be responsible for after-sales support for all globally deployed electrolyzer systems. You will work onsite at our office in San Carlos, CA. You will be reporting into the Vice President of Product Management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Energy and hydrogen system modeling Engineer
- Build an industry-leading service engineering team to provide support on customer equipment to minimize system downtime
- Root cause field failures with robust engineering practices
- Create a technical documentation suite to improve reactive and preventative field maintenance
- Identify digital signatures and create alerting around field issues
- Manage field updating hardware, software and firmware
- Direct the development of service software tools
- Establish a cadence of engineering review to drive improvement based on field-related issues
- Identify designs changes in fluidic, power and controls system to improve performance and availability in our products
- Report on system and fleet-wide metrics
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years’ experience in engineering, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of large capital project deployment process with including installation, construction, and commissioning
- Experience with renewable assets, power systems, or gas handling preferred
Compensation and Benefits | M5
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!