Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to help us develop the next generation of sensing and control systems for our hydrogen electrolyzers. You will develop new firmware to help us build out an embedded platform that we plan to expand to multiple functions throughout the plant in order to attain a competitive advantage through the use of modern microcontrollers and a lightweight, modular architecture.
You will work onsite at our San Carlos, CA office and report to the Staff Software Engineer.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and test firmware features on ARM-based microcontrollers used in our hydrogen electrolyzer stack
- Work with hardware to bring up new PCBA features
- Participate in firmware design and code reviews
- Analyze data from the product operating in the field and make improvements as needed to fix issues and add new functionality
- 5+ years of hands-on lab experience working in the embedded or power electronics space
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong C coding skills required
- Hands-on mindset
- Clear evidence of successfully finishing projects containing both hardware and software aspects, completed either personally or in a lead development role from start to finish
- Passion for developing simple, clean, and lightweight code with a focus on efficient development practices
- CAN and ethernet communications
- Electronics lab prototyping/soldering
- Linux/command line tools
- JTAG/debugging tools
Compensation and Benefits | P3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!