Full Stack Software Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for an accomplished and motivated Software Engineer to contribute to the development of mission-critical software for the world's most powerful electrolyzer. As a Software Engineer, you will build web applications that ingest plant data, calculate performance metrics, and present results in interactive dashboards. Your applications will be used to monitor electrolyzers in both R&D and fleet, assessing their operation and detecting issues before they lead to unplanned downtime.
You will work in a hybrid setting and be based in San Carlos, CA. You will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and deploy full stack web applications that are scalable and maintainable.
- Build backend services for data ingestion, processing, and storage, leveraging AWS for scalability and reliability.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs to facilitate data exchange between the backend and frontend components.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to create responsive and user-friendly ReactJS-based frontend interfaces for data visualization.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code, following best practices and coding standards.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, bugs, and performance bottlenecks in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience, primarily building web applications.
- Familiarity with RESTful API design and integration.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Understanding of AWS services commonly used in data-intensive applications, such as S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway.
- Experience using git and git-based workflows for version control.
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Familiarity with Express application framework
- Prior experience with IoT or industrial automation
Compensation and Benefits | (P3)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!