Manufacturing Test Operations Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Test Operations Engineer to help us drive the quality of our products in our young and growing company. You should possess a broad base of experience and a high level of technical depth applicable to electrolysis, and be equally comfortable in the test lab and the manufacturing floor, providing technical leadership to our team. In this role, you would be responsible for a variety of End of Line manufacturing tests spanning electrical, thermal, and mechanical specifications of our products. You would own the product test end-to-end: planning, testing equipment, test execution, and results interpretation.
You will work onsite at our location in Devens, MA and report to the Vice President of Manufacturing Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal Test teams to develop test designs and plan/test production and engineering builds
- Determine MFG test plans for each new phase of manufacturing ramp up and cycle time reduction, as a function of expected risks and schedule
- Identify opportunities to improve test throughput, test yields and data quality
- Collaborate with Test Systems Engineer to realize improvements to fixtures, systems and test software
- Work with technician staff to schedule tests and set priorities
- Serve as first point of contact for test stand troubleshooting
- Process raw results into meaningful conclusions. Review and interpret complex data analysis rooted in the physics of failure
- Communicate reports with internal technical teams and manufacturing leadership
- Maintain standard operating procedures for test equipment and testing protocol
- Study variation in test results and Propose/execute plans to reduce/understand variation
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or Master's degree.
- 2-3 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation
- Must be hands-on (Assembly, fabrication/modification, instrumentation, wiring, electrical troubleshooting)
- Proven understanding of tools including root cause analysis and statistical process control principles
Compensation and Benefits | P2
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!