R&D Equipment Operations Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for an R&D Equipment Operations Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for managing all continuous improvement and feature addition projects associated with the electrolyzer R&D test stations. You will work onsite at our Devens and Natick, MA locations and report into the test engineering manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organize and drive various projects on the test equipment to add features based on development project needs
- Collaborate with the Cell Development team to ensure the testing capabilities match the development needs
- Collaborate with the Cell Engineering team to drive continuous improvement projects for test stand usability
- Develop and maintain a robust system for document management of the test equipment that includes revision control (P&ID, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and standard operating procedures)
- Work with the controls arm of the Test Engineering team to improve the usability of the HMI tool interfaces
- Help the team troubleshoot complicated issues on the test equipment
- Integrate a maintenance program into the testing schedule to ensure data integrity of the test equipment
- Vendor management for a variety of the test stand components (rectifiers, mass flow controllers, electronic back pressure regulators)
- Identify and mitigate safety risks associated with test equipment
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, science, or technical field
- 5+ years experience as an engineer, project, or program manager
- Experience working in an R&D test lab. Preferably a lab that is focused on electrochemistry
- Familiarity with fluid system design, basic electrochemistry, basic controls design via PLC or Labview systems
- Familiarity with technical documentation (P&IDs, electrical schematics)
- 2+ years experience working with 480 VAC systems and understanding of power distribution
- 3+ years experience working with electrical, high pressure gases, combustible gasses, and other safety hazards
- Experience with hydrogen is helpful
Compensation and Benefits | P2
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!