Health, Safety, & Environment Representative
Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The HSE Representative will be a key contributor to the Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) efforts for Fervo’s geothermal operations in Milford, UT. This role will provide critical HSE support to ensure the safe and environmentally responsible execution of geothermal drilling and operational activities. The HSE Representative will collaborate closely with Fervo’s Field Safety Representatives, contractors, and internal teams to maintain compliance with HSE policies, drive incident management, and facilitate continuous improvement in safety and environmental practices. This position will report to the HSE Manager.
- Provide HSE support for Fervo’s operations in Milford, UT Program development and ensure Fervo HSE policies, procedure and processes are understood and followed
- Work with Fervo Field Safety Representatives in supporting incident reporting and management
- Lead or assist incident investigations and manage incidents in incident management system to closure, including corrective actions
- Assist in the roll out and implementation of HSE programs and initiatives
- Participate in Operations Planning activities and contractor onboarding sessions.
- Verify and follow up on Contractor bridging document agreements, Incident findings and Corrective action closures; Conduct contractor HSE audits and assessments
- Provide support with HSE scorecards through ISNETWORLD
- Assist in the development and updating of HSE training; safety improvement processes
- Keep HSE Manager informed on field activities and updated on resources required to assist to do the job effectively and be productive
- Conduct regular site visits and assessments
- Participate in Incident Management Team and Spill Response Plan Drills
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s (HSE or similar discipline preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Safety related functions
- Experience with Incident Investigations and mitigating measures
- OSHA 30 Hour certificate in General Industry or Construction
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Certification (or equivalent)
- Valid driver’s license