Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Completions Supervisor will be responsible for managing operations on the ground, monitoring operational schedules, collaborating with the providers on improvement initiatives, handling field staff schedules, and overseeing/executing critical operations. This role involves managing and coordinating the activities of a team of completion technicians and ensuring that all tasks are carried out safely, efficiently, and in compliance with industry regulations. This position will report to the Sr. Manager – Completions & Operations.
- Responsible for coordinating and executing all well-completion operations; This includes developing detailed completion plans, scheduling equipment and personnel, and ensuring all necessary resources are available to complete the job
- Oversee and manage operations that pertain within the completion work scope – Pad/Well Preparation, Water and Sand coordination, Stimulation and workover operations, Flow testing, and Special Intervention operations
- Ensure that all equipment required for the jobs is properly QA/QC by contractors, in good operating conditions, and ready for operations by monitoring and providing corrective actions during the inspection and acceptance phase
- Drive operational excellence by collating performance KPIs and reviewing quarterly to drive continuous performance improvement
- Function as a safety leader at all times to play an active role in establishing a culture that ensures HSE and operational risks have been assessed and that appropriate mitigation and all necessary contingency plans are in place before commencing operations
- Ensure all service contractors execute the completion/workover operation as per the final approved completion program, any deviation will be raised by Management of Change (MoC) to be approved by the Completions Manager and VP of Operations
- Coordinates tasks daily with service contractor personnel; liaises directly with the Workover Engineer and Completion Engineer in HQ throughout operational and planning phases
- Prepares detailed work instructions, time estimates, completion tallies, operational risk assessments, and reviewing procedures
- Reviews relevant third-party operational job reports, logs, schematics, BHA’s, tallies, and calculations to ensure accuracy
- Capture lessons learned and perform post-operational debriefs and prepare reports of lessons learned to ensure continual improvement, playing an active role in building a high-functioning delivery team
- Lead and support the engineering staff with building the internal company SOPs, and processes to standardize and improve existing documents
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of completion experience with exposure to coiled tubing, stimulation (Shale), completion fluids, perforating wireline, logging, workover and snubbing units, flow testing, drilling, downhole tools, and abandonment of wells.
- Risk Management skills, including knowledge of Risk Assessment and Management of Change (MOC)
- Contractor performance management skills
- Active Well Control Certification preferred
- Willing to shift priorities/focus depending on the business needs
- Teamwork and organizational skills; Analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Written and verbal communication skills; Self-motivated and result oriented personality
Fervo Energy is headquartered in Houston, Texas with growing offices in Golden, CO, Oakland, CA, Reno, NV, and Salt Lake City, UT. Regular presence at the Milford, Utah field site will be required. This position is eligible for relocation assistance. Some travel will be required.