Senior Process Engineer - Equipment Development
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We’re looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our Advanced Manufacturing team, who responsible for developing and validating processes used to manufacture electrodes used in Form Energy’s commercial product. This work will start with experiments and production trials at pilot scale, working to develop and improve novel electrode manufacturing techniques. You'll then develop and deliver high-budget, high-volume processes at new production facilities. This role focuses on development of powder handling, compacting and sintering processes, used to produce materials for Form’s electrodes. You will bring a wealth of process development experience and creativity used to develop world class, fully automated processes.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Partner with the equipment engineering team to design the next generation iron electrode production line with increased automation and capacity
- Identify the right processes that will enable us to scale manufacturing by an order of magnitude while driving down the cost of production
- Define the process steps and critical-to-quality process requirements and prepare the technical documentation to enable rapid equipment design and selection for commercial deployment
- Act as a thought leader envisioning novel processes and manufacturing techniques at high volume
- Collaborate with mechanical and controls engineers in the start-up and debugging effort for manufacturing equipment and processes at new production sites
- Work with a diversity of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in a process development or pilot manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Metallurgical Engineer or related field
- Ability to build new process models to evaluate throughput, capabilities, and bottlenecks
- Experience participating in HAZOP, PHA, LOPA, PFMEA or similar
- Experience designing safe processes involving high temperature environments and hazardous locations containing combustible dusts or gasses
- Strong interdisciplinary communicator, across a range of engineering and business functions
- Demonstrated track record of innovative development and engineering
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?