Staff Manufacturing Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
Form Energy is seeking a technical writer who will work cross functionally to set and reinforce standards across the whole organization. This role offers the opportunity to define what good technical documentation and approval workflows can look like. You will also collaborate with our technical and test operations, lab management and facilities teams on the visual physical implementation of standards.
This opportunity is based out the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
What You'll Do:
- Establish best practices for authoring, approving, and publishing SOPs and other technical documentation within Form
- Review and establish standards for SOPs and work instructions
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions
- Define a writing style that can be consistent across multiple document types
- Implement a robust version control system for SOPs on the shop floor and in labs to enable a single source of truth
- Support technicians, engineers and scientists with copyediting for readability and fitness
- Work with EHS and other teams to ensure that our documentation complies with regulations
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in writing technical documentation or SOPs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; Excellent written English
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and operations concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Basic understanding of chemical, electronic, or electro-mechanical manufacturing processes
- Strong attention to detail
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?