Staff Mechanical Engineer
Somerville, MA, USA · Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer to join the battery Cell Product Design group, a passionate, Somerville-based team responsible for designing an electrode stack that will be the foundational building block of our commercial product. You will own a critical part of the cell stack and will work closely with a group of talented mechanical, manufacturing, and battery engineers to optimize the design for manufacturing, assembly, and battery performance. You will thrive in solving mechanical problems, validating new designs, and optimizing parts for mass production.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the design of several critical cell components
- Develop functional requirements in close collaboration with members of Form’s product and technology development teams
- Perform hands-on prototyping of your designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technical operations to transition designs from the prototype stage to high volume internal production
- Collaborate with testing teams to define and execute validation test plans
- Support the analysis of test data to enable data-based decision making
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of industry experience in mechanical design
- Direct experience taking a mechanical design through the product development process beginning with a conceptual design to a high-volume product
- Expert in computer aided design (CAD) and geometric tolerancing and dimensioning (GD&T)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Hands-on prototyping experience including machining, fabrication, and welding a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?