Staff NPI Process Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a multiple Staff NPI Process Engineers to join the growing team supporting Form Energy’s initial operations production environment. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for improving our cell assembly process, from raw materials/chemicals to final product, while ensuring quality, efficiency, and safety. You will leverage your strong background in process development, optimization, and quality engineering in order to continuously improve our novel manufacturing process.
This opportunity is based out the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures to optimize the battery production processes, improve quality, and increase efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve production issues while maintaining product quality standards
- Conduct root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventive actions to improve processes, equipment, and systems
- Develop, monitor, and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement and ensure that targets are met or exceeded
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and company policies related to environmental, health, and safety
- Support the usage of PLM, MES, ERP systems, and other tools related to manufacturing and sustainability
- Support factory layout/optimization efforts, capacity planning, scalability plans, crew cycling, tool cycling, etc.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field plus 8+ years of experience in production engineering
- Firsthand knowledge materials (powder handling,chemical analysis, roll to roll processing, calendering, lamination) or mechanical (presses, furnaces, welders) required; additional experience with cell/battery production preferred
- Extensive experience working with other engineering departments to improve the manufacturability of a products and processes (DFMA & PFMEAs) and implementing controls for risk mitigation
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electronic and electromechanical technologies, including assembly and joining processes
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies, in addition to using SPCs in a production environment
- Proven experience managing projects and implementing process improvement activities
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop effective, data driven solutions
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.