Manager, NPI Operations Engineering
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Engineering Manager to join our organization and lead the engineering disciplines within the New Production Introduction (NPI) organization, including aspects of process engineering, controls engineering, equipment engineering, and quality engineering. This critical role will work closely with advanced manufacturing teams and development engineering teams to operationalize our organization and ensure the successful introduction of new products into production.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility. Relocation assistance is available.
What You'll Do:
- Leadership and Team Management: Lead and manage a team of engineers responsible in various engineering functions within new production introduction operations, spanning aspects of process, equipment, controls, industrial, and quality engineering functions as needed. Create a collaborative and high-performance work environment, promoting teamwork, innovation, and continuous improvement in a highly flexible and growing organization.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Operationalization: Collaborate closely with advanced manufacturing and development teams to translate new product designs, processes, equipment, and systems into efficient and scalable operations.
- Engineering and Optimization: Implement industry best practices and innovative solutions to streamline processes and maximize productivity. Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Management: Collaborate closely with advanced manufacturing teams to ensure alignment and smooth execution of engineering projects. Engage and communicate effectively with external and internal cross-functional stakeholders to ensure operational readiness.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of direct experience in engineering and engineering management within an operations environment.
- Strong knowledge of process engineering, controls engineering, equipment engineering, and quality engineering principles and practices.
- Experience with new product introduction and operationalization in a manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing engineering teams.
- Solid understanding of advanced manufacturing techniques and technologies.
- Proficient in project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a data-driven mindset.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience within cell or battery manufacturing environment and knowledge of processes used in their production highly advantageous
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?