Senior IT Support Technician
IT, Customer Service
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Information Technology group at Form Energy collaborates closely and supports end users across the U.S. in four locations and with a distributed workforce of onsite, hybrid, and remote employees.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be the first point of contact for our Berkeley, CA location and work within a broader team to support projects and IT activities across the company. This will include day-to-day internal customer service and support for first-level issues, assisting end users with onboarding, set-up, service requests, and troubleshooting for a fleet of PC/Mac devices and peripheral equipment. Maintaining hardware and software installation and configuration and analyzing and evaluating network connectivity-related issues.
This is a new role as part of a growing IT group and will be based onsite in Berkeley, CA working typical local office hours. This is a great opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in a quickly-growing, mission-driven company.
What You'll Do:
- Provide tier 1 support to employees based in our Berkeley, CA location
- Configure, maintain and support IT hardware including user laptops, desktops and lab computers
- Install and configure appropriate software according to specifications
- Maintain and troubleshoot local networks
- Work on special projects and other Technical Support duties
- Provide advice and guidance to all project teams regarding IT questions
- Assist with the onboarding of employees as it pertains to IT related matters
- Manage an inventory of IT assets and supplies
What You'll Bring:
- Outstanding customer service skills; experience engaging, collaborating, and supporting internal local and distributed employees via phone and online
- First-level IT support/helpdesk experience with PC laptops, Mac books (highly desired), desktop, and printer-related issues; familiarity with installing, configuring, and supporting appropriate software including Windows, O365, and G Suite/Workspace (nice to have)
- Troubleshooting capabilities related to basic networks and connectivity issues;
- CompTIA A+ certification (highly desired); CompTIA Security certification (nice to have)
- Ability to multitask, a quick learner, and adaptable
The salary range for this role is $40/hr - $48/hr. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?