About Graphyte, Inc.
Graphyte’s mission is to fight climate change by building the most scalable, permanent carbon dioxide removal solution on the planet. Our Carbon Casting technology enables us to remove CO2from the atmosphere and store it for at least 1,000 years. The IPCC and other leading authorities agree that carbon dioxide removal will be needed in volumes greater than 5 billion tons per year by 2050. Most potential solutions are either too expensive or face technical challenges preventing them from growing fast enough. At Graphyte, we have developed a carbon removal solution that is permanent, affordable and immediately scalable.
Graphyte is an early-stage startup funded by Breakthrough Energy Ventures. We are seeking smart, mission-driven individuals to join us on the ground floor. Each team member will play an essential role in shaping the company.
Under the supervision of the Director of Process Engineering, the Project Engineer is responsible for developing, leading, and executing capital projects, specifically the new pilot plant In Pine Bluff, AR. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a highly collaborative personality and strong engineering background while managing projects in feedstock, bio-mass processing, packaging, and plant utility systems. The fundamental goal of this role will be to turn on a full functioning facility.
- Assists with development of project charters and objectives in an environment where scope and deliverables may be ambiguous and needs to be brought into focus.
- Develops cost justifications, scope, schedule, and budget estimates.
- Writes, submits, and presents capital request documentation.
- Drives development of project success criteria for vertical start up and alignment with sponsor and stakeholders.
- Responsible for project scope execution, cost, schedule management, and safety.
- Assists in the competitive selection process, contract negotiation process, and oversight of all design consultants, specialty vendors, and construction teams as necessary for each project.
- Prepares Best Value Option Analysis (BVOA) to compare solutions and cost for best value and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Reviews, marks up, and approves drawings and other technical documentation
- Develops Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) planning and executes successful FAT.
- Provides field installation supervision, leads commissioning, and field troubleshooting during startup phase.
- Identifies and resolves technical problems.
- Communicates project status throughout the organization.
- Coordinates and supervises contractors and vendor reps and construction management.
- Develops and executes IQ, OQ, PQ with project team during installation, commissioning, qualification, and verification project phases.
- Ensures that all technical deliverables, cost, and schedule requirements are met throughout the execution of the project.
- Adds value by influencing through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Identifies, develops, and implements process improvement projects to increase productivity, reliability, sustainability, and cost reduction.
- Supports a High-Performance Organization (HPO) environment by utilizing a total team approach to capital project execution and process improvements.
- Ability to forecast spend for project costs, track budgets, manage schedule.
- Responsible for project closeout documentation.
- Asset capitalization effort and planning.
- Creation and write-up of all standard operating procedures.
- Training of hourly people on the machines operations for up to 180 days post-installation.
- Provides Insight on hiring for machine operators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 4+ years of project engineering experience in projects within the manufacturing industries.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, organizing and communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects from the evaluation through implementation stages.
- Experience developing justification, scoping and managing projects to budgets and schedule.
- Contractor management experience, including scoping the work, managing a bidding process, negotiations, field installation supervision, and change order management
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to follow up and prioritize project issues independently and juggle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
- Ability to communicate and present to individuals at all levels of the organization,
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Word.
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work weekends, varying shifts, holidays as project execution schedules may require.
- Travel will be approximately 20% but may be higher during specific project phases.
- Lives or willingness to live within 60 mins of Pine Bluff, AR.
Nice to Have:
- Proficient In AutoCAD, Revit or CAD modeling software
- Experience MS Project
- Experience working for a start-up company
- Understanding of CDR or carbon sequestration
- Desire to help mitigate global warming
- Experience In project execution of budgets over $2,000,000
- Management of past direct reports
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays
- Parental Leave, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage, and AD&D
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.