Director Business Development & Sales North America
The mission and the company:
We at H2Pro believe that hydrogen is the key to decarbonization. Green hydrogen reduces carbon emissions in industry and transport, is a green fuel and enables long-term energy storage. Our membrane-free design is suitable for cost-efficient production and will achieve a breakthrough 95% efficiency. We want to enable a 1 USD/kg cost of hydrogen. This decade! H2Pro has raised over $100 MM and is financially backed by leading industry players (Sumitomo, Hyundai, Yara, ArcelorMittal) and Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures fund.
Why join us?
- Impact. Your talent, time and hard work will not only be instrumental in advancing the company’s mission and business - you will also be taking part in the effort to decarbonize the world. You get to save the world, even if you don’t wear a cape...
- Growth. You will encounter, be challenged by, and work through an incredibly diverse range of obstacles. You will be joining a start-up on its way to becoming an industrial company.
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with a high degree of independence in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- Trillions. It’s going to be a multi-trillion-dollar market ;)
The commercial team is taking H2Pro’s technology to the market. The company’s strategy aims at deploying MW-scale pilot systems in 2023, demonstration systems in 2024 and commercial systems in 2025. We are now engaging with the industry to find the right partners for our products, and we are starting to build a global sales pipeline.
Given the latest developments in the US on green hydrogen subsidies and regulation, we expect a huge market to develop in the US. We are looking for a Director BD & Sales North America, who will be responsible for developing customers and eventually converting sales opportunities into signed contracts.
You will be reporting to the VP Commercial and working closely with the H2Pro senior management team to engaging in the North American market. This role entails the perspective of building a BD & Sales as well as aftersales organization.
- Overall responsibility for Business Development and Sales of the North American market, specifically the US market
- Identifying markets segments which are best fit for H2Pro’s products
- Refining the go to market strategy to the North American market
- Creating leads based on the company’s go to market strategy through networking, conferences, and direct approaches
- Forming lasting customer and partner relationships in the North American market
- Staying informed on latest market dynamics for green hydrogen projects
- As H2Pro develops, this role will develop into having the responsibility for sales in North America
- Building up a pipeline of leads and converting leads to opportunities and signed deals
- Responsible for delivering technical and commercial proposals to customers
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a technical field, preferably process/chemical engineering (or combined with a business degree)
- Extensive experience in a complex sales environment for capital goods or service agreements, preferably in the oil and gas, energy, process, chemical or steel industry
- Existing network in the oil and gas/energy industry
- Proven track record of closing capital sales at multi-million dollars
- Solid understanding of commercial and legal terms for equipment sale and/or EPC contracts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to influence client decisions
- Team player, open-minded and can-do attitude. Ready to work in a highly volatile startup environment
- Willingness to work in an agile startup environment
- Willingness to travel for business trips is required
Some reading material:
• Nature Article: Decoupled hydrogen and oxygen evolution by a two-step electrochemical–chemical cycle for efficient overall water splitting: https://go.nature.com/3qzyvxw
• JPost: Israeli green energy firm H2PRO wins Shell's New Energy Challenge: https://bit.ly/30tBRaW
• Factory 1 Cornerstone event, March 2022: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/h2pro-announces-and-celebrates-laying-the-cornerstone-of-its-first-production-facility-capable-of-producing-600mwyear-of-green-hydrogen-systems-301513590.html
• Signing of 200 MW strategic purchase agreement, August 2022: https://www.prnewswire.com/il/news-releases/doral-energy-and-h2pro-announce-a-strategic-agreement-for-200-mw-electrolyzers-for-green-hydrogen-projects-301597957.html
Interested candidates should email resume and short description of their motivation and value to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org