Head of Airworthiness & Certification
- Application Deadline: Sept. 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: Sept. 21, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
As the Head of Airworthiness & Certification, your role involves coordinating airworthiness and certification, operational suitability, and environmental protection matters with regulatory agencies. You will manage the functions of the Office of Airworthiness & Certification according to regulatory guidelines and oversee the preparation of the Design Organisation Handbook. Your responsibilities also include leading tasks related to Type Investigation, ensuring compliance with regulations, and collaborating with regulatory agencies.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate airworthiness and certification, operational suitability, and environmental protection matters with regulatory agencies.
- Responsible to execute the functions of the Office of Airworthiness & Certification as defined in EASA GM No 1 to 21,A.239(a), section 3.1.4
- Manage Design Organisation Handbook preparation and updates, working with regulatory agencies.
- Lead Type Investigation tasks and certification program preparation in coordination with regulatory agencies to demonstrate compliance
- Provide progress reports on Type Investigation and support the development of inspection and test programs.
- Accountable to maintain master compliance checklist and oversee compliance document preparation and sign off on their release.
You will report to the Head of Design Organisation and your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- A dynamic leader with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset to lead cross-functional teams
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in airworthiness and certification within an aerospace OEM company environment
- Experience with aircraft certification programs through the entire design, development & certification lifecycle (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization, or equivalent
- Direct experience with the role of the airworthiness and certification office within an approved Design Organisation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Experience working in an aerospace start-up environment is a merit
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
- Graduate degree in Aerospace, aeronautical discipline, or equivalent experience. Post graduate degree would be a merit.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.