Section Lead - Flight Control Systems
Section Lead - Flight Control Systems
- Application Deadline: Dec. 29, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are now looking for a Section Lead - Flight Control Systems to join our Flight Control Systems team in Gothenburg. Do you have experience with design and development of aircraft flight control and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
The Systems Section Lead has responsibility for the activities associated with design and development of the Primary Flight Control System.
As section team leader, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership of the engineering team, and for ownership of system development activities. You will assist with organizing the team members in a manner that would allow the team to expedite project development.
You will represent the section at program/technical reviews, as well as customer/supplier meetings, and ensuring the system definition meet all stakeholder requirements. You will also ensure adherence to all engineering processes/standards, and participate in design reviews to meet certification, cost, and schedule goals.
You will report to the Head of Flight Control Systems. Your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 15 years experience in aircraft flight control and auto-flight systems
- Experience with primary flight control system design and development (ATA27)
- Experience with aircraft Flight Control System certification (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Working knowledge of Airborne hardware and software development assurance processes (RTCA DO-178 & 254)
- Working experience in an aircraft or systems development environment, either at an aircraft manufacturer, or an equipment supplier company that perform development activities associated with producing of aerospace products
- Practical experience on an aircraft, in a test rig or iron-bird environment, working with Instrumentation, Flight Control System testing, Aircraft Flight tests, and Qualification testing at the equipment, system or aircraft-level
- Experience working in an aerospace Start-up environment is a merit
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761) is a merit
- A pilot’s license is a merit
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Eagerness to work with others
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering (Aerospace/Aeronautics/Mechanical/Electrical)
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.