Senior Tools and Methods Specialist
- Application Deadline: Dec. 22, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional hybrid electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are now looking for a Senior Tools and Methods Specialist to join our Tools and Methods team in Gothenburg. Do you have experience from development of methods and tools within the aerospace industry and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
As a member of the Tools and Methods team you will be part of the development and evolvement of Heart Aerospace development process and the supporting tool ecosystem. You shall work closely with the Flight Sciences Department to contribute with the development of methods and tools to perform multi-physics numerical simulations.
It is part of your responsibility to elaborate the strategy and the implementation plan to raise the company readiness level to perform massive number of computations with the required computational cost and quality.
You will be responsible for the evaluation and implementation of different strategies regarding software, hardware and cloud High Performance Computing (HPC). It is also part of your responsibility to support the development of engineering analysis and optimization environments, and work on their respective evolution.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Flight Sciences Department to develop lower, medium, and higher fidelity numerical analysis and optimization environments.
- Evaluate the pros/cons in adopting different software, with different fidelity levels, on the analysis/optimization environments.
- Develop scripts to couple different multi-physics analysis into optimization environments.
- Support Linux Operating System.
- Support High Performance Computing (HPC).
You will report to the Head of Engineering and belong to the Tools and Methods team. Your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the aviation and aerospace industry.
- Must have experience in computer programming languages: Senior Python Backend Developer and Bash scripts.
- Must have expertise with Linux Operating System.
- Must have experience in developing and implementing HPC infrastructure.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD), preferably CATIA.
- Experience with Aerodynamic Numerical Simulations and Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a merit.
- Project management and/or agile working experience.
- Passionate about technology.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Eagerness to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry.
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering, Data Science, or other comparable.
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.