About the company:
Zambold Exploration is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
Zambold is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
Zambold is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
We are hiring an Exploration Geologist to help accelerate our mission.
About the position
Zambold is looking for highly motivated and experienced Exploration Geologists who will be part of our multidisciplinary exploration team. In this role, you will be part of the core team responsible for planning and conducting exploration programs on our properties. You will help develop targets and plans to test them. You will oversee drilling, data collection on drill core, and other field activities from soil sampling to geophysical surveys. You will help design and implement our proprietary software tools to gain insights from these geoscience data and guide exploration programs in real-time. As part of this process, you will work closely with both geologists and data scientists in Zambia and around the world.
The Exploration Geologist will:
- Have a working knowledge of sediment-hosted copper deposits
- Be responsible for geological drill core/chip logging and mapping
- Be responsible for sampling and geotechnical drill core logging
- Handle day-to-day management of drilling and sampling campaigns
- Perform a range of geological analyses to generate and refine targets and geologic models resulting from the data collection programs
- Be able to work remotely depending on location of active projects
- Work collaboratively with data scientists to get field data into our proprietary system and to produce and act upon insights from our models in geologic context
A great Exploration Geologist candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geology
- 5 years of relevant experience in exploration geology or economic geology
- Experience with various drill core procedures and processes, including core logging and sampling
- Experience with drill rig supervision
- An strong desire to learn about geologic fundamentals, ore systems, and mineral exploration
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of GIS and Microsoft Excel
It is preferred but not required to have:
- Exposure GIS and 3D modeling softwares, such as QGIS/ArcGIS, Leapfrog, Python, and/or ioGAS
- A valid driver’s license
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.
Location: Residential 5:2 (i.e., five days on, two days off) based in Northern Copperbelt (i.e., Chingola or Chililabombwe). Fly-in fly-out considered for exceptional candidates.