About the Company
Zambold Exploration is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
Zambold is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Rice and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
Zambold is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
As a field Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day non-drilling operations for exploration programs, including but not limited to coordinating road works, coordinating construction projects, and managing transportation.. You will ensure that all field operations run smoothly, efficiently and according to high SHE standards. The position requires excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and coordinate teams of contractors, providing guidance, support on different projects, ensuring that work is carried out safely and efficiently.
- Communicate clearly with contractors and work crews throughout the project ensuring any additions or changes in the program are well scoped and integrated into the project.
- Provide direction and support to workers, including organizing work schedules, assigning tasks, and ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard.
- Allocate and manage resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials to ensure optimal utilization and cost effectiveness.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments in the company to meet operational requirements and feedback.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies. Maintain a strong focus on safety protocols and procedures, promoting a culture of safety within the field operations team.
- Provide regular updates on projects and highlighting areas of improvements and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
- Act as a point of contact during emergencies or critical incidents, coordinating response efforts and ensuring the safety of employees and contractors.
Qualifications and skills:
- 5 Years proven experience in managing exploration and field base programs.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- Be willing to work in different locations as required.
- Excellent follow through in completing tasks in a timeously manner.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is full-time contract
Candidates must be Zambian nationals
Location: Northern Copper Belt, Zambia