IT Support Technician, Zambia
About the Company
KoBold Metals Zambia Limited is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide technical support to end users.
- Take ownership of queries / requests / complaints and provide timely, relevant and appropriate solutions including timely updating of JIRA Service Desk according to developing helpdesk procedures.
- Perform general workstation configuration, maintenance, relocation and troubleshooting. in both macOS and Windows environments.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date hardware and license inventory and ensure all resources are enrolled in mobile device management systems.
- Perform custom application installations, configurations, and upgrades.
- Collaborate with end users, developers and project technical staff to ensure data platforms including data in the systems constantly operate efficiently and meet the needs of end users.
- Develop and document procedures to ensure efficient, effective service to all users.
- Follow all Security, Certification, and Information Security protocols.
- Onboard new employees through creation of accounts and resources for users as they join, and offboard as necessary.
- Support the corporate network and be the first point of contact for support queries.
- Support technical issues for geoscience colleagues deployed at remote field camps.
- Work on automating existing workflows and creating new self-service capabilities both within IT and across teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve our technical environment, user experience, and IT systems and processes;
- Train and support end users in the accurate use of hardware and Kobold systems.
- Assist the supervisor of record in executing the overall vision and strategic direction for the projects as well as in ensuring that project deliverables are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Lead .
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Degree in the field of Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science;
- At least three (3) years of experience in a similar role;
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills;
- Basic Knowledge in Programming; Python
- Ability to prepare and deliver public presentations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English;
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role.
At this time, we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.
Location: Copperbelt, Zambia.