About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac Solutions is seeking an effective, proactive, self-motivated team player to join us as Environmental Supervisor, to control and assess compliance with environmental requirements arising from the applicable legislation and internal guidelines established by the organization, ensuring field operations continuity.
- Ensure compliance with environmental commitments established in the authorizations, current legislation, and organizational guidelines applicable to each mine area.
- Ensure direct in-the-field supervision, compliance with the Environmental Monitoring Program, commitments, and authorizations.
- Information gathering and analysis, preventive and corrective measures implementation and follow-up.
- Environmental monitoring according to ISO 14001 regulations
- Industrial waste management
- Environmental audits
- Environmental training programs design and implementation
- Field mitigation measures implementation and compliance
- Environmental incidents identification, categorization, research, and reporting
- Root cause analysis, preventive measures and actions design and implementation
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and permits related to environmental protection.
- Support the environmental manager in the preparation and maintenance of drilling and well reports, sand & gravel volume reports, and fresh water volume reports.
- Support Environmental manager with submittals (e.g., sand and gravel, hazardous waste, fresh water, industrial water, archeological sites authorizations, municipal permits)
- Environmental engineering or bachelor’s degree in related fields
- Minimum 5 years of related experience. Lithium industry experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of local and regional (NOA) environmental regulatory processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish, with solid written and verbal communication abilities in both language's
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, self-motivated, team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, make strategic decisions, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.